India’s leading plywood company, Century Plyboards (I) Ltd., today announced its results for the fourth quarter of FY 17-18.
- Total Net Revenue from operations for the Quarter, ending 31st March, 2018 were Rs. 544.13 crs ; an increase 11.4% over corresponding period of last financial year Rs 488.54crs and Net revenue from operations for the Financial Year 2017-18 was Rs.1967.22crs showing a growth of 10.4%, over previous financial year Rs.1782.46 crs.
- Earnings Before Depreciation Interest and Tax for the last quarter of Financial Year 2017-18 was Rs.84.46 crs, a decrease of 13.8_% over corresponding period of last financial year Rs._97.93crs and for the Financial Year 2017-18 it was Rs.312.73 crs, a decrease of _0.6_%, compared with last financial year Rs._314.71_ crs.
- Profit After Tax for the quarter ending 31st March, 2018, was Rs. 35.72 crs; showing a decrease of 36% over corresponding period of last financial year Rs.55.91 crs. Profit After Tax for the Financial Year was Rs.156.64 crs, a decrease of 16%, compared with the Profit After Tax of Rs.185.56 crs, achieved during last financial year.
- The Board of Directors has recommended a final dividend of Rs._1_/- per share, thereby making the total dividend to Rs._ 1_/-per share for the Financial Year 2017-18.
- Profit was on lower side because of following reasons;
- Additional depreciation for our capital intensive MDF plant for which full year revenue is yet to come. Depreciation was higher by 28.66 crores then last year
- Adverse forex difference – This year we had a loss in forex and last year we had a gain. The total impact was to tune of 24.74 crores
- Laminates have performed exceptionally well during the quarter under review
Mr Sajjan Bhajanka, Chairman, Century Ply said, “Result for the quarter and the year are satisfactory. We are now ready to move on the growth path with consolidation. After two years of intense expansion through the newly constructed MDF plant, Particle Board Plant, 60% addition in Laminates capacity and a new plywood unit at Guwahati, we are looking forward for a 25% growth in revenue and profitability”.