CREDAI Bengal, the state chapter of by CREDAI Bengal and CREDAI Youth Wing (CYW Bengal) and supported by CREDAI Asansol, CREDAI Howrah-Hooghly, CREDAI North-Bengal and CREDAI Womens’ Wing (CWW Bengal), presented the second edition of STATECON 2019. The real estate symposium was inaugurated by Shri Amit Mitra, Hon’ble Finance Minister, Government of West Bengal, Smt. Chandrima Bhattacharya, Hon’ble Housing Minister, Government of West Bengal, Shri Anshuman Magazine, Chairman& CEO – India, Southeast Asia, Middle East & Africa, CBRE and Shri Nandu Belani, President, CREDAI Bengal today.
The day-long symposium witnessed a series of panel discussions on the way forward for the industry after assessing the current ambience and offering solutions to the same. On the occasion, a report titled ‘West Bengal: A Beacon of Growth in the East’ was released which is a compendium of the key growth drivers shaping West Bengal and is instrumental in crafting the future of the state.
Commenting on the launch of the report, Mr. Nandu Belani, President, CREDAI Bengal said, “We have designed Edition 2 of CREDAI Bengal Statecon 2019 as an interactive platform for the real estate stakeholders of the state to discuss emerging industry trends, deliberate on possible finance avenues in the backdrop of a liquidity crunch, shed light on PropTech and what it means for the real estate industry and shift focus on emerging sectors in real estate. New entrepreneurs also get a stage at Statecon this year. We also assess global practices that can be infused into our local set-ups. The overriding objective is to essentially delve into the state’s real estate scenario and assess its future prospects. The aspirations of the tier 2 and tier 3 cities are also going to be addressed at this conference and joining us in co-hosting this event are CREDAI Bengal’s city chapters namely CREDAI Asansol, CREDAI Howrah- Hooghly and CREDAI North Bengal. We are very excited to host this conference for the 2nd year pitted as we against a certain ambience of uncertainty, waning sales and disruptive legislations”. However we remain avowedly optimistic about real estate and its growth and as the conference theme echoes, we are certainly poised to rebound. ”
While releasing the report, Mr. Anshuman Magazine, Chairman and CEO, India, South East Asia, Middle East and Africa, CBRE said, “The state’s large talent pool, transparent governance processes and much-improved social and physical infrastructure have made its position stronger as a veritable business hub. Additionally, the real estate dynamics in West Bengal, especially in Kolkata, is at a stage wherein controlled supply is boosting absorption – which in turn is further helping the state’s RE growth trajectory. With the right policy incentives, West Bengal is expected to put itself on the global investment map in the near future.”
Statecon 2019 with the theme ‘Poised to Rebound’, witnessed participation from think- tanks, Government Officials, Policy Makers, Economists, Financial Institutions, Investors, Investment Bankers and over 200 Real Estate Developers & Industrialists.
· Financing the Future of Real Estate: which focused on the available funding options specifically for West Bengal, Future implications such as – Debt vs Equity – does the ratio matter; NBFCs, What next after the Government promises to revive the sector, Liquidity crisis – when will it end, How to ensure regular availability of funds.
· The Rise of PropTech : focused on what PropTech mean for the industry at large
· The Millennial Boost : Session was dedicated to the millennial leaders and the workforce, how to start a completely new line of business and outlining how they can stand out in today’s competitive scenario, and create a strong brand
· The New Age Real Estate : This session addressed how emerging sectors are changing the way Indians are consuming real estate, what lies ahead for the West Bengal real estate market and other future aspects for the industry.
· Strengthen your Brand through Integrated Marketing : The session focused on the different modes and approaches in the evolving world of marketing, the various aspects should the real estate fraternity imbibe in their practices and strategies that are imperative to create a strong brand narrative to have greater impact and reach every stakeholder.
Apart from the 5 sessions, Statecon 2019 also saw a highly motivational session by Ms. Deepa Malik, Indian athlete and the first Indian woman to win a medal in the Paralympic Games who shared her story on losing the fear of the unknown and embracing the new from the position of power.