By Labani Bhakta & Clicked By Ishani Roy Chowdhury: – Fortis Hospital, Anandapur hosted a Patient Reconnect Session for the benefit of Asthma patients here today. The session was aimed at increasing awareness on precautions and preventions of Asthma. In this regard, leading clinician Dr Raja Dhar, Consultant Pulmonology, Fortis Hospital, Anandapur spoke about the various aspects of Asthma and its management to the audience.
“Our idea is to encourage the Asthmatic patients to adopt a healthy lifestyle and be compliant with their medicines. We also educated them about asthma triggers like change of temperature, dust, mites and tobacco smoke. Today’s session motivated Asthma patients to use inhaled corticosteroids to successfully ; control over the Asthma”, said
• Family history of asthma
• Air-condition vents
• Placement of kitchen in the house
• Mosquito coils and repellants
• Number of windows in sleeping room
• Pet animals
• Smoking among family members During the patients reconnect session tips to prevent Asthma were shared with the patients like
• Using allergy-proof covers on pillows and mattresses
• Avoid areas where people smoke
• Do not allow pets in bedrooms or on furniture, remove carpets and stuffed toys from bedrooms:fix-leaky faucets
• Avoid harsh dieaning products aid ore— ca Is • Reduce stress, pay attention to air quality • Take control of your seasonal allergies
• Make sure people around you know you have asthma and keep quick-relief asthma medicines readily available
• Take your vaccines regularly • Exercise and healthy lifestyle including die.
About Fortis Healthcare Limited
Fortis Healthcare Limited is a leading integrated healthcare delivery service provider in India. The healthcare verticals of the company primarily comprise hospitals, diagnostics and day care specialty facilities. Currently, the company operates its healthcare delivery services in India, Dubai, Mauritius and Sri Lanka with 45 healthcare facilities (including projects under development), approximately 10,000 potential beds and over 346 diagnostic centres.