Kolkata, By Payel Das: Uber the world’s largest ridesharing app that connects riders with drivers to provide convenient, reliable and affordable rides at the push of a button, today announced the launch of its new, enterprise-ready , built on top of the platform. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes — from small nonprofits to Fortune 500 companies — can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests. Not just that, businesses can request, manage, and pay for rides for others, at scale. Customers who receive rides via Central do not need to have an Uber account or the app to take a ride – the organization handles everything. Uber Central is Uber’s first global one-to-many ride product, allowing organizations to manage multiple rides all at the same time and from the same dashboard.
“We are always thinking of new approaches to enhance the Uber experience. Our technology makes it possible to create specialized solutions that help our users have access to reliable transportation options at affordable prices. Uber Central is a great example of such innovation. By Using Uber Central, organizations can now provide on-demand rides to anyone from a central dashboard, even if the traveller doesn’t have a smartphone,” said Arjun Nohwar, APAC Head – Uber for Business.
Uber Central offers organizations:
- A way to provide a better customer experience. With Central, businesses can give customers or clients a premium door-to-door experience by requesting a ride on their behalf. Customers don’t need to have an Uber account, or even a smartphone, to take a ride with Central.
- An innovative transportation solution for their business. Businesses can replace inefficient, expensive shuttles and car services by leveraging the latest technology.
- Simplified reporting and management. With the Uber for Business platform, organizations using Central get access to the digital billing, reporting, and management tools they need to efficiently manage their transportation operations.
“We are incredibly excited to bring Uber Central, our world-class customer transportation solution to India and are already seeing a lot of interest in it amongst our existing U4B customers,” he added.
Here’s how it works?
For operators within companies booking riders for customers: Just enter the contact number, pickup & drop off point and choose the ride category to request a ride. Operators can track real-time status of the ride as well as ETAs.
For Rider: They will immediately get an SMS providing the details of the driver and a URL with location of the car
Based on the initial responses from a few the businesses that helped us pilot Uber Central, we’re pretty excited about its potential to transform the customer experience.
- More than 8,000 companies participated in the pilot program, which includes over 50 customers from India, proving demand in the market. This includes big names in the hospitality space like The Leela Palaces Hotels and Resorts, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, technology players like Dell and e-commerce majors like Groupon, amongst others. The new Uber Central is built for businesses of any size and delivers the reporting, billing, and management needs that Uber’s business customers have come to expect.
- With this launch, Uber for Business is expanding beyond business travel and demonstrating how it can improve the way organizations operate.
- Uber for Business was launched in India in December 2015, after a three-month pilot that started in October and since then Uber For Business as a product has been growing at an incredible pace. Some of the largest Indian corporates have adopted it for their official employee travel. We have partnered with some of the biggest companies in the country across multiple sectors such as consulting, banking, telecommunications, manufacturing, pharma etc. and are excited to offer their employees a reliable, convenient and economical ride.
- Uber for Business offers the billing, reporting, and management technology that they need to increase efficiency and realize cost savings. Today 65,000 organizations across the globe including Goldman Sachs, Dell, Wunderman, Bain & Company, Airtel, AT Kearney, Reliance ADA Group, Tata Steel, etc., rely on Uber for Business.
About Uber For Business
Uber for Business (U4B) is a transportation management platform that enables companies or teams to set up a corporate Uber account. The platform allows companies to set up a centralized or decentralized billing system and has a travel dashboard that business administrators can use to manage budgets and enforce ride policies. For employees, it’s a new payment option in the same Uber app that ensures safe, reliable and easy to expense rides, across 450+ cities worldwide, simply at the push of a button.