2019 is here and India welcomed the new year in style! Ola enabled millions of Indians with a safe alternative to not drink and drive after partying with a range of mobility options in cities. We also urged users through a fun awareness campaign last week where we collaborated with Prabh Deep, an upcoming 23 year old Indian rapper and launched a captivating party rap for this year’s edition of #PeekeMatChala. Aimed at deterring people from drinking at driving, check out the video here .
With aggregated data of New Year’s Eve rides in cities, the Ola “How India Welcomed 2019” infographic gives a glimpse of how the celebrations were in the major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Pune, Hyderabad and Chennai. These interesting insights reveal the city’s busiest party hotspots, when the revellers started celebrating as well as what the party hoppers and pub crawlers did on New Year’s Eve.
Key takeaways include:
- Mumbai clocked the highest percentage of party rides followed closely by Delhi and Bengaluru
· Park Street and Kankaria Estates were favourites in Kolkata while Bengalureans preferred Koramangala, MG Road and Residency Road
- Among the 7 cities, Hyderabad was the first to start celebrate ringing in the New Year while Kolkata started at 9 PM
- Lower Parel, Kamla Mills Compound, Bandra West and Linking road emerged as the busiest hotspots in Mumbai
- Ola Rentals were used for as long as 13 hours by customers in Kolkata to celebrate the new year
Ola will also shortly publish insights on How India Commuted in 2018.