By Pallavi Guha, summer has finally arrived. It is the great time to stay fit. All you need to do is eat right and exercise regularly. For many of us, summer brings the temptation of ice cream, BBQS etc. But it is important for everyone to exercise regularly in order to stay healthy and fit. Here are some tips to enjoy summer the fullest-
- Stay hydrated– In summer we tend to sweat more often. This is why it is necessary to hydrate and drink water even when you are not thirsty. Increase water intake regardless of your activity level.
- Reduce intake of heavy vegetables and fruits- like hot peppers, onion, spinach, garlic, jackfruit, pineapple etc
- Eat light, nutritious, not fatty food- Have watermelon, cucumber, yogurt. And stay way form fried, oily, spicy food. Avoid fast food.
- Play a sport- summer is a great time for outdoor sports. Tennis, football, volleyball, cricket, football can help you to get fit.
- Always apply sunscream- It is important to use sunscream lotion of atleast SPF 30 in order to protect your skin from UV rays. For sensitive skin, a mineral based sunscream is best.
- Keep up the exercise regime-
Before you hide those running shoes in the wardrobe, remember summer exercise doesn’t have to stop because of the rising temperatures. Instead of working out outside, change your exercise plan and take it indoors. Join a gym, take up a step class, or get a group of friends around for an afternoon of exercise DVDs.