The Event: 8th edition of Tata Literature Live! The Mumbai LitFest
The Dates: 16th – 19th November, 2017
The Venues: The National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA), Nariman Point; and the Prithvi Theatre, Juhu
What’s on offer: Spread over four days, the veritable brain festival will stimulate, provoke and question with over a hundred plus authors from across the globe and a series of sessions discussing every topic under the sun — from science to art, cricket to feminism and politics to poetry.
We wouldn’t want you to miss this chance to hear and engage with some of the finest minds in the world today. So here’s the schedule, mark the sessions you want to attend, block your calendars and be there to soak it all in.
A snapshot of some marked sessions at Tata Literature Live! The Mumbai LitFest 2017:
- AC Grayling, Thomas Friedman and Uday Mehta separate fact from fiction in Fiction as Fact: Living in a Post-truth World, an intense discussion on the realities of the modern connected world, chaired by Govindraj Ethiraj
- The #MeToo campaign gets a voice through Catharine MacKinnon and Vrinda Grover, who discuss the intricacies of sexual harassment law, in No Means No: Legalities of Sexual Harassment, a panel moderated by Kalpana Sharma that will tackle a contemporary, hot-button issue.
- Dorothee Elmiger, Meg Rosoff, and Ranjit Lal debate the pleasures and perils of writing for the youth, in Writing for Young Adults: What Works, What Doesn’t, a lively discussion led by Bijal Vachharajani.
- For the technologically-inclined, Eike Schimdt, Eugene Tan and Tristram Hunt reveal the technology used in museums today, inMuseums in the Digital Age, led by Tasneem Mehta.
- Launch of Talking Films: Conversations on Hindi Cinema followed by Javed Akhtar and Shabana Azmi in conversation with Kausar Munir.
· Launch Of The Curious Marketer: Launch of Harish Bhat’s The Curious Marketer: Launch of Harish Bhat’s The Curious Marketer followed by a discussion with Abheek Singhi (Senior parnter and director at The Boston Consulting Group) and Nikhil Ojha(Partner at Bain & Company) and chaired Mini Menon (Award winning journalist and author).
A thoughtfully curated collection of avant-garde performances every evening adds extra sparkle to the festival. All these and more await you at NCPA, Nariman Point, and Prithvi Theatre, Juhu.
Come, be part of a truly international literature festival – Tata Literature Live! The Mumbai LitFest 2017.
For more details about the festival, please visit:
- Festival website: www.tatalitlive.in
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TataLitLive
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TataLitLive
The Tata group is the title sponsor of Tata Literature Live! The Mumbai LitFest. Tata Nexon, Tata Consultancy Services and Tata Capital are the co-sponsors, and Landmark is the knowledge partner. The festival is conceived by Anil Dharker, Founder and Festival Director of Literature Live!, which organises the festival with the support of the Tata group.