Hyderabad building collapse: 2 dead as under-construction building collapses in Madhapur, rescue op underway


Two people were killed after an under-construction seven-storey building collapsed in Hyderabad’s Anjaiah Nagar on Saturday.







Hyderabad Building Collapse: A tragic incident has surfaced from Telangana, where at least two people have been killed and several others injured after an under-construction building collapsed in Hyderabad’s Anjaiah Nagar on SaturdayEmergency response teams rushed to the spot after receiving a distress callRescue officials are currently trying to clear the debris and extract individuals trapped underneath.

According to police officials, the rescue operations are currently underway.

“An under-construction seven-storey building collapsed in Anjaiah NagarSo far, two people have lost their livesRescue teams have reached the spot, clearing of debris is underway, and the rescue operation is in progressWe will provide more details later,” a police official said.

Speaking on the incident, Congress MLA Arekapudi Gandhi alleged that the construction of the seven-storey structure unauthorised and had previously been halted by municipal authoritiesThe building owner, even after the warning, restarted the construction work illegally.

“In Madhapur division, the illegal seven-storey under-construction building was stopped by officials for four monthsThey recently restarted the construction work illegallyThe cellar work was being extended to the adjacent building connected to the seven-storey structure, which led to its sudden collapse,” Gandhi said.

Gandhi stated that people are not following the government norms and doing illegal constructions due to which such incident are happening.

“People must understand the risks of illegal constructionsSome people are profiting through such illegal constructionsMany such illegal constructions are going on in SerilingampallyWe are seizing buildings, but they are not following the normsA similar incident had happened earlier, and now it has happened again,” Gandhi said.

Rescue work is underway, and emergency teams are trying to clear the debris as quickly as possible to extract those trapped underneath.

Note: This is a developing story and further details will be added.

(with ANI inputs)



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *